Monday, June 17, 2013

Why AxGL?

Well. In case you did not allready knew: I'm using AxGL for this project.
Watt?! AxGL? Flash?


So well. The first Reason for me using flash is that I dont rlly care in what I will do the client. But, once started, I want the players to be able playing the game without many problems. No install routines, no Operating-System-Problems. Nothing.

Why not Canvas and HTML5? In fact I wanted to do it with canvas in the first Place. I even buyed a Book - Making Isometric Social Real-Time Games with HTML5, CSS, and JavaScript - hopefully I could learn something. In fact the Book was nice, even thought I wonder what some ppl think on theyr Book titles, and even thought it just covers very basic topics. But in fact I noticed the lack of Perfomace. Yes. Even thought many tricks I wasnt able to become happy with the Perfomace. 
It might be okay for some not critical, turn based games. Or some with a low object count. But for a network driven real time game? No thanks. Not with me. Not at this time.

Looking around in hipster world of Flash-Coding (whaaat? you can actualy code with flash?!?) I came down to Flixel. After all I have to say I enjoyed the way that Flixel did things. You can find addons for almost everything. Then I found AxGL - kinda Flixel with 3D. I could not had been more happy!

Well. Of course I did not knew about things like Starling or the amaaazing nd2d (even thought its discontinued) ... But right now im happy with AxGL. It's Autor is very skilled and experienced and it works like charm.


You cannot always restart a project. So for the first Client AxGL would it be.
Im so damn happy that my AS3 exp also gains Day by Day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment